What to expect in Brazil (ongoing post including photos & video)
A few highlights of Pope Benedict's trip to Brazil:
- Pope Benedict will pray in Portuguese during his visit
- Mass attendance of up to two million persons
- Two pope mobiles and three helicopters on-call
- 3200 journalists will be covering the visit
- San Paolo's downtown, population 8 million
- Beaches of Rio de Janeiro
- The basilica of Our Lady of Aparecida (outside) - it can hold 75k persons
- The basilica of Our Lady of Aparecida (altar) - "in the round" style...
- The basilica of Our Lady of Aparecida (back) - better sense of dimensions
- graphically-enhanced image of soccer stadium where Pope Benedict will speak to youth
- graphically-enhanced image of soccer stadium, visualized at night
- Pope Benedict's slippers
- commemorative Brazilian stamp
Embedded video for a computer-generated visualisation of the Pope's Mass at Aparacedia:
Additional multimedia/video content:
- An interactive map of the places Pope Benedict will visit is available here.
- Italian video coverage via SkyTV here.
- Brazilian video coverage via Globo here.